Well, I certainly think so. 😉 And as Finger Candy nears its one year blogiversary, others apparently do, too, as I recently received another lovely blogger “nomination” from enthusiastic reader Jadie for, appropriately enough, the One Lovely Blog Award. I have discussed in the past – at length; concise I am only occasionally – my reticence at getting involved in these kind of chain letter-esque love fests, finally coming down on the side of me being a big old snob who needs to get the hell over herself. Somebody has put themselves out on a limb in paying me a compliment, and I ought to receive their kindness as graciously as it was offered. It’s just part of being a good member of the larger blogging community. Now let’s all hold hands (making sure our manis are dry, of course) and sing some Maroon 5 (no, no, I’m kidding – let’s never sing the Maroon 5, okay? Like, ever.) Actually, let’s look at this gallery of some of my lovelier, and loved-up, designs instead:
Ah, but there are certain obligations I must fulfil in recognition of this award, including thanking Jadie for her pay-it-forward-type kindness. Please do visit her blog and keep this polished circle of life moving, won’t you? Wait, do you know how many “circle of life’ jokes I’ve made on this blog? LOTS. And I don’t even like the Lion King!
Next up are seven (further) random facts about me. Now, I happen to think I’m endlessly fascinating, but you may feel differently, particularly when you learn that:
1. My three favourite movies, still, since childhood, are The Lost Boys, The Goonies and Beetlejuice. Although that’s not so random, seeing as I’ve talked about those three movies on this blog a combined 8,756 times.
2. I’m fond of making up wild, not-a-bit-accurate numbers to “support” various claims (“I’ve been waiting here for nine years,” “There were, like, eight billion 12-year-olds there,” “I’ve seen The Lost Boys, The Goonies and Beetlejuice a combined 8,756 times,” etc.)
3. I recently discovered that it takes about two solid weeks to paint all the moldings and doors in a 2,400 square foot house. I really wish this was knowledge I didn’t possess.
4. Having said that, I’m amazed at what I accomplished physically (and mentally) when I recently helped fix up a relative’s house in preparation for sale (see above, re: 2,400 square feet of moldings and doors.) It serves as a great reminder that I feel better about myself when I step outside the box, even if I occasionally have to be given a firm shove first.
5. When I’m trying to fall asleep, I recite the salient plot points of Stephen King books and short stories in my head. I know them so well, it acts as its own sort of internal white noise, and typically by the time the Creed family has settled into their charming home beside the Wendigo-haunted burial ground, I’m out like a light.
6. Although this ritual could also certainly account for the disturbing – and disturbingly frequent – dreams I have about everything from tentacled critters crawling on the ceiling to insane clowns staring up at me through the shower drain.
7. I think this may be a bit disturbing to those who have known me for a very long, coffee-slugging time, but I’m *whispers* not all that fond of Starbucks’ pumpkin spice lattes any more. They make my teeth feel all fuzzy.
So on that non sequitur, I’ll move on to the third part of the nomination, which requires *me* to nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award. Seeing as most of these bloggers have had more than one crack at this particular rodeo and probably don’t need to jump in line for another round of the seven random fact hokey pokey AND because I can never truly play by the rules, I’ve decided to go about things a different way, choosing instead to highlight 10 individual posts by favourite WordPress bloggers that have wowed and inspired me throughout the year. Hopefully you’ll fall in love with a few new lovelies yourself.
1. Craftynail‘s monarch butterfly nails with individually hand-placed glitter gradients. Some of my favourite nails of the year, and an idea I need to steal for myself!
2. Flight of Whimsy‘s adorable under da sea mani. The colours in this one are summertime perfection.
3. Dee’z Dazzling Designs‘ mega juicy-looking pond manicure.
4. The Adorned Claw‘s stamped tiger stripes over top of caviar beads. The mind, it boggles.
5. Wonderful Wolf‘s impressive striping tape manoeuvres.
6. Eeeek! Nail Polish!‘s adorable little witch and her feline familiar.
7. Perfectly Nailed UK‘s cool, black-lined doodle mani.
8. Wicked Splatters‘ simple, adorable watermelons. It’s a classic design for a reason.
9. Nails By Night‘s delicate, pastel opal mani.
10. Polish Me Snazzy lays out a nice tutorial for her interpretation of watermelon nails.