Personal struggles aside (2014 shall hereafter always be known as The No Good, Very Bad, Super Stupid, So Relentlessly-Difficult-it-Practically-Burns Year), 2014 was a pretty fabulous year for nail art. Here, of course, I’m talking about the hundreds of amazing designs I’ve encountered over the past 365 days (the creativity displayed by the larger nail art community is simply staggering), but also my own work, which has seen an appreciable boost in quality, particularly in recent months. I’m wicked proud of about, say, 87 percent of the nail art designs I did this year – the other 13 percent being of the “Whuuuu?” variety – and I’ve really enjoyed the super rewarding experience of watching my technique improve with each and every lacquered brushstroke.
And so on that horn-blowin’ note, I thought I’d share this collage of my nine favourite designs from the past year in the hopes that you also think I’m as cool as I clearly think I am! 😉 But to bring it down all serious styles for a second, really, my most sincere thank you to everyone who has popped by to visit my little lacquered-up corner of the Intersky this year. Your interest, support and kind comments have spurred me on to what I think are bigger and better things, and I look forward to continuing to bore you with endless stories about Disney World, my cats and “the good old days” in 2015. Happy New Year!
If you are interested in checking out the original posts for these manis, please click the links below.
1. How’s That For a Slice of Fried Gold?! – Shaun of the Dead-inspired nails.
2. Diet Coke – nails honouring a friend’s fun aspartame addiction.
3. 999 Happy Haunts – my favourite design of the year, inspired by the damask-style wallpaper that lines the halls of Disney’s Haunted Mansion.
4. Zombie Kitty – Hello Kitty goes walking with the dead in these fun Halloween nails.
5. A Personal Choice – a sweet, creamy-looking gradient topped with my favourite homemade polish, Hawaiian Ham.
6. You Can’t Close the Beaches! – let’s just say the Mayor of Amity really should have closed the beaches.
7. Coral Reef – a super pretty mani featuring every colour and shape of the underwater universe I could squeeze onto my nails!
8. This Split is Bananas – tiny little banana splits with sprinkles! Plus I got to make a B-A-N-A-N-A-S joke.
9. Brrrraaaaaaiiiiinnnnnsssss – pastel zombie nails for the softer side of Halloween.
One thought on “Favourites of 2014”
Pingback: Finger Candy Favourites: Showstoppers (Part I) | Finger Candy