Hmm, that should probably read “33 Day Challenge Wrap-Up,” because I was never, not once, on pace with the challenge themes, and as such, ended the whole thing two or maybe even three days beyond everyone else. I had a hard time motivating myself in the early days when the challenge prompts were overly broad (blue? dots? florals?) but I like to think I kicked it into high gear in the final two weeks, producing some of my favourite manicures ever, actually.
As always when I complete one of these month-long challenges, I like to look back on the past four weeks to see what I did right (fun new designs using a wealth of different techniques and tools), what I did wrong (um, pretty much never keeping pace with the challenge schedule) and what I can do differently next time (stop procrasturbating – intentional spelling mistake – and just do the damn blue, dotted, floral nails already!)
These are eight of my own designs (and one homage) that I think rocked this challenge. And why nine? Well, because nine photos make for a more visually pleasing collage, for one, and why not be all random when the original challenge is pretty random in itself (as in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge takes place every year in a month with only 30 days. Huh.) Enjoy!
1. Lacey, floral nails inspired by a Monique Lhullier dress for day 14’s theme of flowers.
2. Time rip nails inspired by the Stephen King novella, The Langoliers, for day 24’s theme of a book.
3. A striped, Cheshire Cat manicure for day 21’s theme of inspired by a colour.
4. A glittery, rainbow-on-rainbow jelly sandwich manicure for day nine’s theme of rainbow nails.
5. Attack the Block nails, featuring actual blue, glow-in-the-dark monster jaws, for day 23’s theme of inspired by a movie. Ratings!
6. Another Alice in Wonderland-themed manicure, this one inspired by the Queen of Hearts’ preference for blood red roses for day one’s theme of red.
7. Super detailed Halloween Town nails from The Nightmare Before Christmas for day 29’s theme of the supernatural.
8. A recreation of Chalkboard Nails’ delightfully adorable circus cookie dotticure for day 31’s theme of honouring nails you love.
9. Another watery water marble, this one featuring a little cucumber and mint accent nail, for day 20’s theme of a water marble.