This post, like my life, is a work in progress.
But at this stage of the game, these are some of my truths universally acknowledged:
- I’m a real homebody. I like my people and my stuff, and home is both where the heart is AND where the food lives.
- I’m deeply nostalgic. Unlike so many unfortunate souls, I had a wonderful childhood and a near-Hughesian young adulthood. I’m increasingly aware of how very rare and precious a thing that is. I think the reason I look back so often on my life – and with such fondness – is because I don’t want to forget how very lucky I am to have been gifted with such a charmed one in the first place.
- No band shall ever replace Green Day as the very bestest – to me, they are legion. But twenty-one pilots is giving them a major run for their money. I adore their dork-bro buddy patter; it’s charming and clever cover for the fact that they’re amazing musicians and consummate performers.
- I was married on Halloween. Is that as weird as it looks? People either think it’s super cool or they’re thoroughly creeped out. Well, our wedding was neither weird, nor creepy, and my boobs looked freakin’ awesome in my corset dress.
- You probably wouldn’t know it, because for the most part I choose to eschew profanity on this blog, but I can, and frequently do, swear like a longshoreman crossed with a stevdore crossed with Samantha Jones. I love naughty wordplay.
- Beetlejuice is the best movie. No, The Lost Boys. No, The Goonies! Okay, wait, what about Bowfinger, The Birdcage, Detroit Rock City, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Shaun of the Dead? Can we have an eight-way tie for favourite movie?
- My favourite place on earth is Disney World’s Haunted Mansion. I used to dream about living there when I was a kid. Still do.
- My three best friends are all lovely and delightful people I have known for 20-plus years.
- I love painting my nails to look like food and candy, and it baffles absolutely everyone in my life to this day that I chose nail art as my preferred hobby, as prior to this I never once demonstrated any appreciable talent and/or interest in the visual or esthetic arts.
You will find that this nail blog is a bit different than some of the other nail blogs out there. I will swatch new acquisitions, review products and occasionally produce tutorials, but my real love is pop culture-centric nail art (and heaven help you if you don’t want to hear some meandering story about my cats or how things were “in my day” because you’re getting it anyways!) Okay, okay, so this blog isn’t some ponderous meditation on the state of the world’s economy and debt consolidation practices. It’s a nail blog full of pretty pictures and occasionally inspired ideas that aims to prove that sometimes the simplest, silliest things can bring the most joy and some delightfully unexpected results. And as I’m fond of saying, that can’t ever be a bad thing.
If you’d like to contact me with your comments, questions or general gabbery, you can find me, Sandra, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the virtual sky; it has been a delight to meet you, and please won’t you be my neighbour? 🙂