If I may toot my own horn (toot toot!) I thought I made quite a good showing of this year’s Oh Mon Dieu Nail Art Challenge, given the month’s rather inauspicious
start. That set me back a few days right from the very beginning, and that’s where I resolutely stayed until the very end of the challenge – one or two days firmly off the pace. But scheduling issues notwithstanding, I’m really quite proud of the nail art work I did during this challenge. I tried out a new-to-me product (nail stickers), I matched my nails to a favourite pair of glittery shoes in look AND texture, I used 3D nail art embellishments (twice!) and I did a ton of super detailed free-handed work. I’d say that puts me squarely in the win column!
The 10 manicures I’ve highlighted in the photo gallery above are my favourites from the past month. If you’d like to see all 31 of my challenge entries, you can find them here under the tag OMD3NAILS. But if you’re simply curious as to which are my preferred manis from the challenge, they would be the following 10, in no particular order of fondness:
1. Little House on the Prairie-inspired foodie nails.
2. Glittery stiletto-inspired textured nails.
3. Adventure Time princess nails.
4. Lush, vibrant seaweed nails.
5. Simpsons nails, featuring the drunken fish of the Duff Gardens Beerquarium.
6. Opal ring-inspired nails.
7. Tinkerbell-inspired nails.
8. Skull and crossbones glitter nails.
9. Knuckle duster, tattoo-type nails.
10. Refreshingly simple, blue-on-blue branch nails.
And for the third year in a row (although I have only participated the last two), thanks go out to the ladies of Craftynail, Eeeek! Nail Polish!, Brijits Digits and Nail That Accent for hosting the challenge, creating some really fun themes and putting together some very tempting prizes, which I of course am hoping I will win. See you all next year!